By Mary Carolyn Waldrep
Great for crafters of all ability degrees, here's a great number of vintage heirloom-quality styles for tablecloths, bedspreads, doilies, edgings, and more.
The booklet additionally incorporates a entire record of fabrics and distinct directions in addition to a hundred and forty necessary illustrations.
Read or Download 150 Favorite Crochet Designs (Dover Needlework) PDF
Best crafts books
Marvellous legendary creatures stay, breathe and circulate on your mind's eye; now lead them to genuine with origami! This magical tactile equipment is full of 50 sheets of 6 x 6 multi-patterned origami paper, a accomplished dragon and the 80-page, full-colour legendary Creature Origami publication. utilizing easy-to-follow origami thoughts, you can also make your individual superbly certain, intricately-folded flying fox, fabled sphinx, mind-blowing dragon with wings prolonged, or wild duck placidly floating alongside.
Written with absolutely the newbie in brain, this e-book teaches all of the fundamentals for studying to crochet with step by step directions and images. Crocheting talents are realized by means of engaged on tasks, starting with anything really easy and getting an increasing number of tricky because the reader works during the e-book.
1946 version, which covers quite a lot of topics:
1. OFF TO A FLYING START
Essential stitching apparatus – tips on how to use a stitching desktop – the best way to make a pinafore, a tradition piece for basic steps in stitching, together with finishes and strategies compatible for cotton fabrics.
2. SEWA instantly SEAM
Directions for making uncomplicated and engaging issues for the house mostly from immediately items: pot holders, aprons, tablecloths, luncheon units, desk scarves, cocktail napkins, bridge cloths, bedspreads, dressing desk covers, cloth wardrobe covers, closet accessories.
3. WINDOW DRESSING
How to make glass curtains: instantly curtains, sash cur¬tains, university or Dutch curtains, casement curtains. ruffled curtains – instructions for making draperies and valances: French headings, valance boards.
4. vivid within STORY
Easy-to-follow directions for making slip covers measur¬ing, estimating yardage, becoming, completing, trimming.
5. BAG OF TRICKS
Accessories to make collars, dickeys, luggage, hat, night skirt, shawl, mittens, espadrilles.
6. development FOR SUCCESS
Selection of development and upholstery – clarification of a com¬mercial trend – Alteration of styles – Culling out a pattern.
7. at the MAKE
General process in creating a garment – Steps in creating a skirt, shirt, costume – stitching information: basting, darts, pleats, gathers, seams, necklines, closings, wallet, placket s, sleeves, belts, hems – urgent – Fitting.
8. THE TAILOR’S APPRENTICE
Tailor's tips in slicing, making and lining adapted clothes.
9. REPEAT PERFORMANCE
General suggestions for make-overs – feedback for restyling women's garments – scaling down adult's garments to make children’s and women's garments – creating a man's go well with right into a woman's suit.
10. STORK SET
Baby outfits lo make – presents for brand new mom and baby.
11. FLOSSY TOUCHES
Basic embroidery stitches – easy border designs made up of simple stitches – Applique – Embroidery and applique designs – Monogramming – Smocking.
12. existence SAVERS
Mending made effortless: stockings, girdles, fasteners, grooming aids, turning collar and cuffs, tears, patches – tips about adjustments: shortening, lengthening and taking in gar¬ments, relining a coat.
13. fabric facts
Selection of materials: fabric fibers, phrases, weaves – cloth chart of materials — rationalization of phrases stumbled on on labels – Shrinking of materials sooner than slicing – Laundering and cleansing – Spot and stain removal.
14. provide DEPOT
Sewing room add-ons: implements utilized in slicing, meas¬uring, marking, becoming, stitching, urgent
Glossy One-Block Quilts through Natalia Bonner and Kathleen Whiting proves that every one you would like is one easy block development to make 22 quilts! From throws and wall hangings to queen-sized blankets, sewists of all ability degrees should be encouraged to create whatever new by way of manipulating those uncomplicated block styles with attention-grabbing materials, strange shapes and expressive traces.
- Tie-Dye: Dye It, Wear It, Share It
- Making Metal Jewelry: How to Stamp, Forge, Form and Fold Metal Jewelry Designs
- Quilted Celebrations: 18 Designs to Capture Life's Milestones with Needle & Thread
- Born-Again Vintage
- Embellishments for Adventurous Sewing: Master Applique, Decorative Stitching, and Machine Embroidery through Easy Step-by-step Instruction
Additional resources for 150 Favorite Crochet Designs (Dover Needlework)
6. Further embellish the wreath with pipe cleaners shaped into hearts and stick them in between the ribbon; tied together pieces of candy with pipe cleaner and stick those in between the ribbons also. Easy Ribbon Wreath By: Mary Lyon For easy Christmas crafts this year, here's a way to recycle your old artificial green wreath to make a pretty ribbon adorned Christmas or Valentine's decoration. Embellish this wreath any way you want and be creative with colors. Materials: • • • • • Artificial wreath Thick ribbon, for wrapping Stapler and Staples Pipe Cleaners Beaded garland or other embellishments Steps: 1.
9. (see picture) Materials: • • • • • • Pine cones in various shapes and sizes Spray adhesive Glitter in assorted colors Zip lock bags Ribbons or pipe cleaners Hot Glue gun Steps: 1. Cover working area with newspaper. 2. The bigger the pine cone, the more glitter you will need. 3. Spray adhesive all over pine cone, being sure to get in between the cracks. com. com Kids can create a holiday candy cane holder with foam materials and Glue Dots. If you are a Mom or Dad planning a party, or a school or local park district looking for ideas with some left over crafts, the candy cane holder craft project is perfect.
Now attach the buttons to the body front using Mini Glue Dots. Finish the hat off with fringe and attach to the back of the hat using Mini Glue Dots. Assemble the bowtie by adding the green circle to the center using Craft Glue Dots and secure the bowtie under the elf's face. com. This easy Christmas craft is fun for the kids and an easy Christmas craft to make. Materials: • • • • • • Scissors Single Hole Punch 130" of 3/4" Silver Ribbon Pencil 1 ‐ 9 x 12 Yellow Stick‐It Felt Sheet 4 ‐ 9 x 12 Glimmer Felt Sheets (4 Different Colors) Pattern 4.