By Gábor Szikla (auth.), F. John Gillingham, Jan Gybels, Edward Hitchcock, Gian Franco Rossi, Gábor Szikla (eds.)
Read or Download Advances in Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery 4: Proceedings of the 4th Meeting of the European Society for Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery, Paris 1979 PDF
Similar neurosurgery books
This guide vitamins hands-on education in interventional cardiology with a selected specialise in percutaneous intervention in sufferers with extracranial carotid artery stenosis. It consists of stories of landmark stories assisting carotid endarectomy and stenting and is a entire advisor to this interesting and burgeoning box.
Recommended by way of the Joint Tumor portion of the AANS and the CNS this publication is a key addition to the shelf of any resident, neurosurgeon, or radia tion oncologist. It deals readers a targeted examine the principal theme's of neuro-oncology and covers the entire fundamentals in a layout that gives easy access to details.
Crucial prep for upkeep of certification tests in addition to neurosurgery boardsComprehensive, yet sufficiently small to tackle rounds, the up-to-date moment version of this renowned neurosurgical board evaluate presents a strong learn significant other for the yank Board of Neurological surgical procedure (ABNS) fundamental exam.
- Stereotactic Atlas of the Human Thalamus and Basal Ganglia
- Electroceuticals: Advances in Electrostimulation Therapies
- Spinal cord and spinal column tumors: principles and practice
- MRI of the Pituitary Gland
- Strategies of Microsurgery in Problematic Brain Areas: with Special Reference to NMR
- Atlas of Orthopaedic Surgical Exposures
Extra info for Advances in Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery 4: Proceedings of the 4th Meeting of the European Society for Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery, Paris 1979
9. Results 1973-1977. 1% of our patients continue to have identical seizures, thus confirming the failure of our diagnostic and therapeutic approach. 1010 of patients died. We reported in detail in our 1974 study 6 deaths among 146 patients. Our only death among 74 new patients is a case of frontal epilepsy: one month after cortex excision the patient had a massive pulmonary embolism. The study of our 1973 to 1977 results (Fig. 6010). 4% mortality. 8%. 6%. 4010. Important decrease of seizures: 15%.
The second is related to the techniques of cortical excision, the extent of which is stereotactically defined by data gathered prior to craniotomy 21. "Global" Stereotactic Radiological Localization The patient, under general anaesthesia, is placed in a stereotactic frame first designed in 1949 11. Its successive modifications will not be described here. The rectangular frame together with the corresponding radiological equipment allows for bidirectional, orthogonal teleradiography giving the three coordinates of brain structures (X, Y on the lateral view, Y, Z on the frontal view).
Neurology EEG Stereotactic neuroradiology Fig. 1. Prior to stereo-EEG Clinical history Seizures Age of onset Triggering factors Different seizure types? Chronology of seizure symptoms Neurologic examinations (pre-ictal; ictal; post-ictal) Psychologic examination Fig. 2. Neurology b) Pre-, Per-, and Post-Ictal Neurological Investigation 1. Importance of this assessment to evaluate surgical possibilities and consequences. 2. Particular importance of the post-ictal examination: the postictal deficit is quite often of very short duration.