By Jerome E. Kaufmann, Karen L. Schwitters
Kaufmann and Schwitters have equipped this text's attractiveness on transparent and concise exposition, a number of examples, and considerable challenge units. This conventional textual content always reinforces the next universal thread: examine a ability; perform the ability to assist resolve equations; after which practice what you have got discovered to resolve software difficulties. this easy, straight forward method has helped many scholars seize and practice basic challenge fixing abilities precious for destiny arithmetic classes. Algebraic principles are constructed in a logical series, and in an easy-to-read demeanour, with out over the top vocabulary and formalism. The open and uncluttered layout is helping continue scholars occupied with the options whereas minimizing distractions. difficulties and examples reference a vast diversity of themes, in addition to profession parts resembling electronics, mechanics, and healthiness, displaying scholars that arithmetic is a part of lifestyle. The text's source package--anchored via greater WebAssign, an internet homework administration tool--saves teachers time whereas additionally supplying extra support and skill-building perform for college students outdoors of sophistication.
Read or Download Algebra for College Students (9th Edition) PDF
Best algebra books
Difficult try Questions? ignored Lectures? no longer adequate Time? thankfully, there's Schaum's. This all-in-one-package comprises 612 totally solved difficulties, examples, and perform routines to sharpen your problem-solving abilities. Plus, you could have entry to twenty-five special movies that includes Math teachers who clarify find out how to clear up the main generally demonstrated problems--it's similar to having your personal digital teach!
- Interactive Video: Methods and Applications
- Schaum's Outline of College Algebra (4th Edition) (Schaum's Outlines Series)
- Die erste deutsche Algebra aus dem Jahre 1481. Nach einer Handschrift aus C 80 Dresdensis
- Modules and rings [missing pp. 17-30]
Additional info for Algebra for College Students (9th Edition)
8. In the metric system, 1 centimeter ϭ 10 millimeters. 9. If the length of a rectangle is l inches and its width is w inches, then the perimeter, in feet, can be represented by 24(l ϩ w). 10. The value, in dollars, of x five-dollar bills and y ten-dollar bills can be represented by 5x ϩ 10y. 4 Simplify the algebraic expressions in Problems 1 – 14 by combining similar terms. (Objective 1) 1. 3. 5. 7. Ϫ7x ϩ 11x 5a2 Ϫ 6a2 4n Ϫ 9n Ϫ n 4x Ϫ 9x ϩ 2y 2. 4. 6. 8. 5x Ϫ 8x ϩ x 12b3 Ϫ 17b3 6n ϩ 13n Ϫ 15n 7x Ϫ 9y Ϫ 10x Ϫ 13y 9.
Then simplify the numerical expression to answer the question. (Objective 8) 96. A scuba diver was 32 feet below sea level when he noticed that his partner had his extra knife. He ascended 13 feet to meet his partner, get the knife, and then dove down 50 feet. How far below sea level is the diver? 97. Jeff played 18 holes of golf on Saturday. On each of 6 holes he was 1 under par, on each of 4 holes he was 2 over par, on 1 hole he was 3 over par, on each of 2 holes he shot par, and on each of 5 holes he was 1 over par.
The product (or quotient) of two positive numbers or two negative numbers is the product (or quotient) of their absolute values. 2. The product (or quotient) of one positive and one negative number is the opposite of the product (or quotient) of their absolute values. Evaluate exponential expressions. 3/Objective 3) Exponents are used to indicate repeated multiplications. The expression bn can be read “b to the nth power”. We refer to b as the base and n as the exponent. Solution The integers are Ϫ4 and 0.